Maximum enjoyment in Friesland
Slachtehiem is located in a rural area near the historic De Slachte water barrier, less than a 10-minute drive from Dutch pride; The afsluitdijk. Slachtehiem is a stone’s throw away from the village of Arum, but formally belongs to the village of Lollum.
The “Elfsteden”-towns of Franeker, Bolsward and Harlingen are around us at a distance of less than 10 kilometers and the cozy fishing village of Makkum with its beautiful beach and boulevard is within easy reach. Read more about the many possibilities in our area…
There is plenty to do in the area. You are on Slachtehiem near the Wadden Sea, officially UNESCO World Heritage!
It is also nice to go to one of the Wadden Islands for a day, when you are already so close. Or take a trip along the beautifulvillages near Slachtehiem. A trike trip from Sondel is an adventure in itself; a unique way to experience the Frisian landscape.
In the yard
We used to be a dairy farmer, nowadays a cattle ranch with young cattle, sheep and chickens. Farm life can therefore still be experienced daily on our farm. You are welcome to visit the stables! We also have cats and our dog ‘Lytse Wytse’ who kindly welcomes our guests. Children will also enjoy themselves with the go-karts, the trampoline and other outdoor toys.
When staying in the group accommodation, you can make free use of the outdoor activities on the farmland, such as: the volleyball court, farmers’ football or pole vines.. You can also use the canoes.
View the list below of group activities we offer or combine your stay with a party!
- Farmer’s football (the ball is 1 meter in diameter)
- Farmers volleyball
- Pole vaulting (Fierjleppen)
- Tug of war
- Rope slide for young and old
- Climbing and clambering rack for the little ones
- Indoor and outdoor toys for the little ones
Other possibilities are fun and sporty group activities in collaboration with other companies. These are on request:
- Farmers Golf – Half Hichtum Bolsward
- Fierljep Clinic – Fierljeppen Winsum
- Boat rental – Nauta’s boat rental Hitzum
- Boat rental –Ouwe Seun Harlingen
- City walks Franeker – Franeker City walks
- City walks Harlingen– Harlingen City walks
- Climbing the Tzummer Tower– Ask Lenie for information.
- Let’s play Bridezilla- Winsum
- Water running balls, bubble soccer – Attraction rental Wetterwille Friesland
In the area
At Slachtehiem there is already a lot of entertainment, but if you want to do something fun in the area with the whole family, you can visit the Kameleondorp in Terherne, one of the working windmills in Friesland or the AquaZoo in Leeuwarden. The Planetarium in Franeker or the Casemate Museum at the Afsluitdijk are options for when the weather is bad. On a summerly day you can also go with the children to the beach of Makkum or the swimming pool Mounewetter in Witmarsum.